Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Zoe Esther...



...our little girl has arrived!!
Born March 31 at 9:28pm 8 lbs 10 oz 21 3/4 inches

I started contractions around 5:30. They were not very strong but they were coming regularly. The contractions were 2-4 minutes apart but I was still able to talk through them and they weren't stopping me in my tracks. Good thing my mom was with me and encouraged me to call Kurtis at work and have him come home. He got home at 6:30, we got in the car right away and headed to the hospital.
When they checked me in triage I was 5 cm, that was at 7 or 7:30. We got into the Labor and Delivery Room at 8 and the nurse told us she'd check on us at 9. At that point the contractions kicked into high gear. A little before 9 Kurtis asked the nurse to come and check me, when she did I was 9 cm and almost no cervix left so she got the midwife. We had the same midwife that delivered malachi which was great. I pushed for 5 or 10 minutes and Zoe was born!

We praise God for our healthy baby, a quick delivery without any complications. We are all doing well. Thank you for all of your prayers!!

3 comments:

cristina on April 1, 2008 at 7:28 PM said...

congrats!!!! she is adorable! glad to hear everything went well.

Allensville on April 1, 2008 at 10:23 PM said...

So happy for you guys. Pamela, you've got total joy written all over your face. You look amazing!!!

Gwen on April 2, 2008 at 10:49 PM said...

You all look so happy. I love Malachi's huge big brother proud smile. I can't wait to hear how he was when he met Zoe. What a perfect and beautiful baby girl, and a beautiful family. Congratulations!