Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My first conversation for the day

Random lady at the gym : "When are you due?" (with smile on her face)

Me : "Beginning of January."

Random lady : "Are You SERIOUS?!" (stated with immense shock and almost horror)

Me : "Yep, I still have a ways to go."


Then while working out all I could think of were the responses I would love to say to people but never would because they're rude, like...

Me : "Yep, how long have you been coming to the gym?"

Random Lady : "(insert any amount of time)"

Me : "Are You SERIOUS?!"

Ha Ha...I of course would never say that! :)

To anyone who has ever thought to ask a woman when she is due, try to come up with something more gracious and flattering than "Are You SERIOUS?!"

5 comments:

jared wilbanks on October 28, 2009 at 9:22 AM said...

Hahaha! I love it! You should totally say that!

Chrissy Padilla on October 28, 2009 at 9:58 AM said...

Nice. And, yes... I also had a hard time sleeping. Granted, I drank almost the entire pot of tea.

Preston and Angie on October 30, 2009 at 12:48 PM said...

people do the same kind of thing to me when they find out that we're having twins and already have a 4 year old and a one year old.
i hear, "i wouldn't wish that on anyone!" or "you're going to be huge!"

i want to tell them that it won't be too bad becuase we're giving one of them up for adoption. we'll keep the cute one and give the other one away to the highest bidder.

Katie on November 12, 2009 at 1:11 PM said...

HA! Oh Pamela I LOVE THIS. I totally do the same thing (conversations in my head after the fact, thinking out what I wish I'd said). At my most recent baby shower, here was the after-the-fact, in-my-head conversation:

Woman (who hasn't seen me since I got pregnant): takes one look at my stomach Oh my gosh you're so tiny! How far along are you?

Me: uh... 35 weeks.

Woman (in horror): Oh my gosh!! How much weight have you gained??

Me-in-my-head: You know, I was just wondering the same thing: How much weight have you gained in the last 8 months?

Unknown on November 17, 2009 at 8:00 PM said...

So, I have to say... Thats the funniest thing I have heard all week! Thats great! By the way, AWESOME blog! That is way cool!