Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Farewell to my Fresno Friend

This weekend I drove up to Fresno with the kids to visit my good friend Winona. Her and her husband have just bought a beautiful home in Georgia where they will be moving next month with their adorable son and baby-in-utero so that her husband can begin his new job. I am very excited for them but sad to see them leave.

Win and I met during our freshman year in high school in Kenya. I was there as an MK (missionary kid) and she came for a semester to live with a family she knew from back home in California that were also missionaries. That semester was just the beginning, never did I imagine we would still be in each others lives 18 years later.

We stayed in contact after she left Kenya and in our last year of high school found out we had both chosen to go to the same college. We wound up rooming together all four years. After college she moved a number of times with the army (yes she is quite the adventurous gal, something I've admired about her since the first time we met) but we kept in contact.

We have been through much together. We have laughed and cried together. She has been the truest of friends.I love her dearly and though we will be across the continent from each other (not the first time) I know we will remain friends. We may not talk every day, we may go months (hopefully not years) without seeing each other, but we will always have a friendship that is priceless.

1 comments:

Gwen on May 28, 2008 at 9:06 PM said...

God be with you in your move, Winona. God be with you as you miss her, Pamela. (Precious photo of Zoe and Malachi. I clicked on it and saw it real big.)