Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What were you thinking??!!

Today, Malachi was sitting on his potty. He tends to sit for a while when he needs to go number 2 :). He was in there for a while but I had this feeling something was amiss so I decided to check on him.

I walked into the bathroom and noticed he had a washcloth in his hand that was clearly wet and he was sucking on it. I didn't recall hearing a faucet running so I asked him how he got the washcloth wet. And, yes, he had soaked it in the toilet water. That's my son, a toilet water drinker. :) Of course I proceeded to ask him, "What were you thinking??" but the only response I got was, "Because I like it." Oh, the mind of a two year old boy.

Tonight he threw up a little and had some loose problems on the other end which I was somewhat grateful for. I have no idea if it is related to the contaminated water he drank but it was a great object lesson for why NOT to drink water from a toilet...even when it looks clean!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the joys of parenting a toddler. "Liking it" is a perfectly good reason when you're 2. Water from the sink? Water from the toilet? Same thing. Why get all worked up about the details? :)