Thursday, April 9, 2009

What a Day!!

First off, I have to say that I am very glad to be home with both of my children and very thankful that Malachi, in particular, is okay.

I had a slightly rough morning. Let's see, bullet points...

*Loaded the kids up in the car to go for a bike ride at the park then do a bunch of errands.

*Went to Dollar Tree to return some stuff, well exchange stuff I guess since they do not do returns. :(

*Went next door to Fresh & Easy to get a few groceries.

*Regretfully, I made the decision to allow Malachi to sit in the cart as opposed to the seat. Though, I told him a few times to remain on his bottom...you guessed it, he stood up and...fell out. Bonking his head on the ever so soft concrete floor! Not sure if you've been to F&E but they have carts that are very shallow thus very easy to topple out of. Hind sight is fabulous, I have kicked myself a bizillion times!

*The staff at F&E were VERY helpful! I had Zoe with me, on my back in the becco, and there I was sitting in the middle of the aisle trying to stay calm for Malachi, my mind racing about what to do. The manager called for the ambulance (while I was still unsure of what to do).

*Paramedics checked him out and then recommended he go to the hospital...so he got his first(hopefully not of many) ambulance ride.

*Then 3 HOURS in ER (they took us to my not so favorite Kaiser!!!) The doctor looked at him for all of 30 seconds, said he was fine and that was that! I was frustrated to say the least about that and could go on and on but I won't.

I am so grateful Malachi is acting normal. We pray and trust God that he will be fine.

I tried to get a picture of the large goose egg on the back of his head. Can't really tell in the photo. Poor thing can't really lay on it, I'm pretty sure it'll be sore for a bit.This was him when he was told he got to ride in the ambulance with the firefighters.

2 comments:

Chrissy Padilla on April 10, 2009 at 12:53 PM said...

Wow. What a day, Pamela! Glad he's okay. Hope he's feeling better today.

heather on May 15, 2009 at 8:23 PM said...

Poor Mama! What a day!