Thursday, August 6, 2009

Boy or Girl?

Tomorrow morning I will go in for my ultrasound not only to check to see how the baby is doing but to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. I don't have a feeling either way, Kurtis and I are mostly concerned to hear that the baby is healthy. But it is a nice perk to be able to learn more about our little one.

I have friends that have decided to wait to find out but not us, no way! I think it's fabulous that we can have the opportunity to get to know our little one a little more even as he/she is in my belly. We have always chosen the names of our kids soon after the ultrasound so we can refer to them by name. I enjoy the attachment stuff that's able to begin as a result. Note: if you are one of these said friends, take no insult. I don't think there is anything wrong with choosing the surprise route, just not for me. ;)

When we had Zoe I think it was also great for Malachi to begin to prepare for a sister and call her by name. I thought it was helpful for him in his brotherly bonding as well. Speaking of Malachi, when asked what this baby is he has given the same response from the beginning..."It's a girl." When asked if he wants a brother or sister he responds..."I want a brother." Quite intriguing how his three year old mind works that he makes that distinction. :)

So tomorrow we shall see. I will post and let others know after we find out. When we choose a name, I suspect that will be posted as well. Then not only can we be praying for our little one by name, so can all of you! :) For now, our prayer is that whether a he or she this baby is healthy, strong and thriving.

1 comments:

Gwen on August 6, 2009 at 10:29 PM said...

Oh I can't wait...I am so excited.