Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Favorite

We have been reading the book The Runaway Pumpkin by Kevin Lewis quite a bit lately. I love to read books that pertain to the season. This is a fun one with great rhyme. I read it today with my son and 3 other toddler friends and then we made a construction paper jack-o-lantern. We talked about the shapes as they glued the eyes, nose and mouth on to their orange pumpkin. The Granny in the story makes yummy pumpkin foods at the end of the story, Malachi and I want to try these pumpkin spice muffins...I wasn't about ready to try baking with 4 toddlers, though I considered it :).

What is your favorite book for the fall season?
Add it to the list for Friday Favorites at withpurpose

2 comments:

heather on October 8, 2008 at 2:48 PM said...

Pam, I love your blog! I went back to the "beginning" and I kind of feel a little bit caught up---now we only have about 12 more years to catch up on :-) !

heather on October 8, 2008 at 2:49 PM said...

How funny....we must have been reading each other's blogs at the same time!