Thursday, October 30, 2008

An Idea for Halloween

I struggle with the idea of taking my 2 year old around the neighborhood to ask for candy that he otherwise would not be allowed to eat. Then having to fight the whining about why he can't eat all of it at once. I like the healthy treat ideas that Mama Manifesto suggests to give to trick-or-treaters but I found another idea that I think is fabulous.

In the book The Catholic Home, which my friend Jessica told me about, the author, Meredith Gould, suggests Trick or Treating for UNICEF. I went to their website today and printed up the canister wrapper. I am not sure how it will work. I may not be able to get around the candy thing completely but maybe this will give Malachi something better to focus on instead of the "gimme" attitude that pervades this holiday and our culture.

0 comments: