Tuesday, September 16, 2008

100 Days to Christmas

I absolutely love that we attend a church that follows the Church calendar. I have learned much and have much to learn about it but I know it has helped my faith in God grow deeper. There is so much more to celebrate than Christmas and Easter, the birth of our Savior and His death and resurrection for our salvation, these of course are of huge importance! However, there is so much more to be reminded of. So many more people of unbelievable character and strength and trust in God that have gone before me that I can learn from. The Church calendar helps remind me I am part of the Body.
All that to say, I was reminded today when I came across this site, that we have only 100 days till Christmas. This year I would like to be a little bit more purposeful in my preparation for the Advent season and Christmas day. I am wanting to be reasonable with spending and so my goal is to give gifts that are thoughtful, useful, fun and homemade (all the gifts may not meet all criteria but it's a "goal"). I realize posting that on here will be an accountability thing for me which is scary but good. I hope 1oo Days to Christmas helps me on this endeavor. Feel free to leave me a comment if you have any fabulous tips or other websites that could be helpful. :)

3 comments:

Mark and His Girls on September 19, 2008 at 8:27 PM said...

check this link out. It is exactly along the lines you are thinking! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVqqj1v-ZBU

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read about your Christmas planning success! Thanks for participating in 100 Days to Christmas!!

Jen

Tara on September 21, 2008 at 9:21 AM said...

Good post.. I appreciate the reminder..