Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Things I Love Thursday

So, my fabulous sister is hosting a new meme called,
"Things I Love Thursday,"
(which I guess will turn into "Friday Favorites" next week)
on her inspiring, entertaining and resourceful website, withpurpose.
This week she is asking all to post about their favorite children's book.
The task of choosing one sparked up the cheesy poet in me:

So many 'favourites'
So difficult to choose
I will pick one author
AND her book, Koala Lou!

Mem Fox, an Australian author, writes a beautiful story about an adorable animal.
"There was once a baby koala so soft and round that all who saw her loved her.
Her name was Koala Lou."
The story tells of how Koala Lou trains for and enters the gum tree climbing event in the Bush Olympics in order to get the attention of her mom who is now busy with taking car of her little brothers and sisters.

Read more about the book and the story behind the story here.
Click here to listen to the book read aloud by it's author.
I can't forget to mention that
I also love the detail in the illustrations.
Pamela Lofts is an amazing artist.

As a side note, I think this would be a great gift
to give to a child that is expecting a new little brother or sister.
A special book to remind them they are loved,
and remind mom to say those words, "I DO love you!" often.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love books by Mem Fox. We have checked out several from the library but I have never read that one. I'll have to soon!