Friday, September 12, 2008

Paperclip Tip

I am thoroughly enjoying doing art with Malachi these days. I recently got some tempera paint and got a chance to let Malachi and some of his friends enjoy sponge painting with it. I had some extra sponges that I cut up into shapes and thought we could have fun as well as review shape names since this was a group of toddlers.
As a last minute thought I grabbed some paperclips and pushed them through the sponge shapes so they had a handle of sorts in order to minimize the amount of paint on their fingers. It worked beautifully. Thought I would pass along my 'discovery'. Happy painting!!Malachi's artwork. There were plenty of other shapes, he just really like the rectangle;).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are quite brave painting with a group of toddlers. Your paper clip idea is great. Thanks.